Friday, October 7, 2011

My Weight Loss Stratergy

I'm setting here in my condo safe from the thunder storm that we are experiencing right now. I was surprised to see this development in our weather tonight. But then I didn't pay attention to the weather report today either. No matter. I had no big plans to do anything tonight anyway. As far as I am concerned this is the perfect time to work on my strategery to lose weight. Lately I've been stuck in a rut with the same old same old. No weight lose to celebrate or to get excited about. So at my own peril,, I am posting my new weight loss stratergy. I have had great success in the past by simply eating smaller portion sizes, and eliminating the use of sugar, and carbs. Also I was limiting my snacks to only once per day, usually in the afternoon. It was rough going at first but I adapted to it pretty well. But after two years I began having high stress issues and began to reject my diet that had gone so well for me up to that point. Initially my weight was around 400 pounds but over a two year span of time I lost around 175 pounds. I was still over 200 pounds and had a little longer to go to reach goal weight but thankfully I was in a much better position than what I was when I initially started this weight loss journey. I will share more of myself with you as time goes on but for now, I simply want to get my weight loss grove back. I will write out a strategy to help me stay on track. So this is what I will do: 1- Continue my eating plan as always and be strict with the portion sizes 2- Do some form of exercise for at least 30 minutes per day. Break it up into two 15 minutes sessions if I have to. 3- Keep in touch with suppportive friends and family 4- Make a log in my journal daily with my food plan and include things that I find the need to express in writing. 5- Do what I like to do most....write and read. 6- Focus on myself more. I need to take care of me and to stop worring so much about other people. This is a great start. I believe if I do these things I will definitely be at my goal weigh within 6 months or so. Wish me luck everyone. I'll be routing for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment